one step at a time
May 16, 2011
This morning I went to meet with a surgeon to schedule an appointment for an open biopsy next Wednesday in which they will cut out a whole lymph node from my neck to send off and run tests to make diagnosis. We are still waiting on results from the core biopsy that I had last Friday. If they have enough information from the tissue that was collected last Friday to make a diagnosis, then I will not have to have the open biopsy next week….which I would prefer. There is a good chance I will have to have the open biopsy next week though, but I’m praying that I will not have to go through the surgery, though it is minor procedure.
Friday, I have PET scans and a bone marrow biopsy. I know I’m going to be fine through them, but I’m not looking forward to the pain following the bone marrow biopsy. I usually have a pretty good tolerance for pain, so I’m hoping it won’t be too bad. I’m just taking it one step at a time as I meet with doctors and go through different procedures during the week. My Protector brings me comfort and strength by surrounding me with the love and prayers of my friends and family.
IN A NUTSHELL
- I feel fine; I don’t feel sick at all
- Still waiting on results from the biopsy last Friday to get a diagnosis
- If the doctors can get a diagnosis from the current tissue sample, I won’t have to have an open biopsy surgery that is scheduled for next Wednesday
- This Friday I have PET scans and a bone marrow biopsy
- Covered in prayers over the states and the world! (Romania and New Zealand)